This eight-part series follows one of Australia’s most recognised food and wine personalities, Lyndey Milan and her late son Blair, as they tour Greece’s fascinating Peloponnese seeking culinary delights, adventure and antiquities.
Lyndey and Blair cook, eat, drink and engage with the locals they meet along the way – a charming yet eclectic mix of home cooks, winemakers, producers, chefs and restaurateurs.
Cuisine highlights include:
• Sheep’s milk yoghurt in Athens
• Cooking the freshest squid and sea bass on the beach at Vivari
• Traditional stuffed eggplant “papoutsakia” in Leonidio
• Visiting bee hives on Kythira
• Cooking local fish recipes at Dimitri’s Taverna in Stoupa
• The world’s best chocolate covered figs in Kalamata
While the cuisine of the Peloponnese has a starring role, the historic heart of Greece is not overlooked as ancient sites are explored with an adventurous edge, full of humour and insight.
Best TV series in Australia in the Gourmand World Awards.